Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid KUDS25SH and it seems to be locked on…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchenaid...

I have a Kitchenaid KUDS25SH and it seems to be locked on delay Hours. The #4 is lit on Delay hours and none of the other buttons work. I looked up resetting but every post says to push Hi Temp and heated dry. I do not have any buttons of these descriptions.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

KUDS25SH, Probably 15 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sometimes the child lock illumiates and the cancel button flashes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If pushing heated dry and high temp back and forth didn't reset the issue, then try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes. If it still doesn't reset, your touch control panel has failed and needs to be replaced. Now the only touchpad they still make is the black one so I'm not sure if your unit is black or not, but it's about $260 and at 15 years old I'm not sure it's worth fixing, but that's completely up to you. The part number is(###) ###-####

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

My control panel does not have the buttons entitled 'Heated dry' and 'High Temp'. I am asking how to reset the control panel for model KUDS25SH

You have Energy Saver and Super Scrub. Those are the same buttons, they just label them differently. You press those back and forth 4 times and if it works all the lights will turn on.

I went home and tried pushing the Energy Saver and Super Scrub. It did not reset the unit. Do I need to replace WP8530929.circuit board or the W10757838 control panel

You need to replace the panel, part number W10757838.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?