Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Cabrio F7 E1 faullt codes? 3 years W10560173B.

Customer Question
Whirlpool Cabrio F7 E1...

Whirlpool Cabrio F7 E1 faullt codes?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years W10560173B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

W10560174A - SP is also listed. There washer continued to get louder in the spin cycle prior to failure.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

WTW5840BW0
I prefer to utilize the chat at this point in time.

Perfect, thank you. This error code means that your actuator shifter has failed and will need to be replaced. The actuator is the part that shifts the transmission from wash to spin or vice versa. Either way, it's the most common part that fails on this unit and it's mounted below the tub. You'll have to tip the washer back to get underneath for replacement, but if you unplug the washer and tip it back, it only takes about 15 minutes to replace. Below is a link to the part and there is a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for actuator and video at bottom of link

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?