Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am in Mexico. Bought a stacked unit two years ago. I am…

Customer Question
I am in Mexico...

I am in Mexico. Bought a stacked unit two years ago. I am told that the high humidity affects ma chine operation. Mechanically no problem. Yesterday washing machine worked. Today get the beeps, but not the lid engagement. Therefore, no operation. This is a constant problem since day one. Also dryer will not turn on. Beeps,but no rotation.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bought new two years ago from Liverpool. I note as of last year they no longer sell them. It does not get heavy use as we are here less than 6 months. Had tec come last February. Nothing wrong. Said it was the high humidity. However, the problem with getting the machine to run was almost immediate after purchase. A lemon from day one and no support from anyone. Electrolux

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model:FFLE3911QWO. Serial4E53411863

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Iwant to do it, but would be nice to have a tech

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Well the dryer and the washer both run off of electronic controls. if you have them in a non Air Conditioned environment then yes they can be effected by humidity if the humidity is high enough .

Is this unit in an Air Conditioned location?

And it is not uncommon for a model to only be sold for a few years , just like automobiles manufactures change things around or designs often .