Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is making a loud 'humming' noise. all the

Customer Question
My dishwasher is making...

My dishwasher is making a loud 'humming' noise. all the panel lights are flashing especially F2. What does that mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Asko 1895

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

How do i run a diagnostic test?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is old...like i am getting...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F2 means that the dishwasher is in "flood mode" so it will continue to run the drain motor until the issue is fixed unless you turn the circuit breaker off. You will need to remove the lower front panel below the door and look below the tub in the base pan to see if water has collected. If you see water, just try it all up using a paper towel after you flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher. Once it's all dry, start another cycle and just watch closely to make sure something isn't leaking.

On the other hand, if you don't see pooled water in the base pan below the tub, then that means that your pressure switch has just failed and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video that shows the location of the part that will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?