Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am connecting an American Maytag washer in Israel. I only…

Customer Question
I am connecting an...

I am connecting an American Maytag washer in Israel. I only have a cold water input. Can I just connect the cold water hose and cap off the hot water hose input on the back of the washing machine? When I turn on the water, water goes into the cold water hose and out the hot water input on the back of the washing machine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The washing machine model is A 806, made in Newton, Iowa. I think that it is about 30 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have already connected the water.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I operate the washing machine without a hot water connection?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

The answer is YES! The old Maytags don't really care if they don't detect hot water. Just make sure not to run a hot water cycle and you will get water. If you only run a hot water cycle, then you will get no water. Since rinse is normally cold anyway, if run on warm or cold (preferred), your washer won't know the difference!

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Have you been able to resolve your issue?