Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE refridgerator is not working but the light is still on…

Customer Question
Hi my GE refridgerator...

Hi my GE refridgerator is not working but the light is still on so I assume it is not a power issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its quite old, 10 years lemme see if i can see what model # it is

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is a GE profile model # PTS25LHS i could fix it myself depending how difficult the fix is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't believe so unless there is specific info you may need to assess.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the lights turn on then the unit is definitely getting power. Unfortunately that means that the only other thing which can cause everything to not run is the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward, unplug the refrigerator, then replace the entire control control board behind that panel. The panel is all plug and play so it's easy to replace if you're handy but the part is about $200. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc