Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our maytag washer stopped working and is displaying E2 code.

Customer Question
Our maytag washer stopped...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MAH9700AWM

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I took off the back and it looks like it wants to start and moves slightly but doesn't turn completely

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thank you

No problem. If you get any of the E2 E3 or 2E errors, it means that your drive motor is failing. Open the door and spin the basket by hand to make sure it spins smoothy. If not, the entire tub assembly would need to be pulled out and split apart to check for something between the tubs or if you have a bad main rear bearing. On the other hand, if the basket spins smoothly by hand, the motor on the back of the tub just needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part. It's about $400 so I'm not sure if it's worth fixing, but that is completely up to you.

CLICK HERE for motor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc