Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Adora dishwasher. It turns on (has power), fills…

Customer Question
I have a GE Adora...
I have a GE Adora dishwasher. It turns on (has power), fills with water, and drains. It never initiates the wash cycle. I have continuity in the handle switch. I have cleaned all the filters/catches inside the bottom of the machine.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Thanks

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. I know you had stated you did clean them, but I still cover it. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. If you have the model number off the unit I can link you the wash pump you will need.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

you don’t think it’s the circulation motor? Is there a way I can test that?

The wash motor is the circulation motor. You can test it for 120 volts after it fills.

GHDA986K03SS

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO REFERENCE

If that is running then you may want to remove it and check the food sump grate side for blockages...that is attached to the pump.

It is not running. Not sure if the motor is bad or if answitch of some sort is not sending the signal to the motor to turn on. It fill to proper level then does nothing until it drains after a period of time.

The control could be bad but check for 120 volts to the motor with a volt meter to make sure. That would be the only way to know 100%

how exactly step by step do I do that. Please include setting on my multimeter as I’m not real good with it.

Just set you meter to AC 200V and get to the two wire plug to the motor. Put your two meter leads in the back side of the plug making contact with the terminals inside. Then start the unit, after it fills see if you rear 115-125 volts on your meter if you do you have a bad motor.

I’m pretty sure I did that correctly and am getting a 0 reading. Like it’s not receiving any voltage at all.

If you are not getting any voltage the main relay on the board is bad...CLICK HERE BOARD Take the perimeter screws out of the panel to separate them on the door and you can access and replace the board.

can all the other functions be working and the board be bad? It turns on on any setting (has power), fills/drains w water.

Yes there is one motor relay on the board just for the wash motor and if that is bad the motor will never get power.

See pic attached in previous message.

Yeah I would replace that as well if you can get the harness. Totally bad as tested!