Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge gas oven...all lights are out. A little over a year.

Customer Question
My ge gas oven...all...

My ge gas oven...all lights are out

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

A little over a year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No lights on the panel Gas works

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

CGS985SETASS

And to be clear there are no lights on the control panel at all or inside the oven?

No lights

OK, if you turn the cooktop on will it still turn on? Do you hear it clicking like it's trying to light? If not can you light the burners with a match or lighter?

No clicking sound

If not can you light the burners with a match or lighter?

can light with lighter
Gas works
No lights on panel, outlet is ok

OK it sounds like your oven is either not getting power from your house, or your control board has failed. Try to run an extension cord to another outlet you know is working and plug your oven into the extension cord. If it still won't turn on, you'll need to order and replace the main control board because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The outlet is ok

Then your main control board is bad and needs to be replaced because there are no fuses or cut outs that would cut power to everything on the oven.

Will i need an electrician to do that?

That depends on how handy you are. An electrician wouldn't replace the control board, but a technician will. But if you're handy you can probably replace the part yourself. The board is all plug and play.

The board is part number WB27K10421 and it costs about $170 or so.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc