Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What conditions cause the power cords on some Bosch

Customer Question
What conditions cause the...

What conditions cause the power cords on some Bosch dishwashers to haave power cords burn up?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model SHX681, Serial #FD9401-9501

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I feel that there are situations where these serial number machines were placed in an environment that was too warm. I have been running my Bosch dishwasher for 3 full years and there is no sign of melting insulation ever. I am afraid that the repair could damage my floor or some other some unintended situation where the repair is worse than the current situation. The dishwasher works perfectly. It is times like this that cabinets et scratched and floors get ruined etc. I believe that Bosch has not got faulty wire or plugs or assembly of both as I have been using the machine for three full years with no problem. Can you give me any information to refute my assessment?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tell me why my dishwasher is going to burst into flames if I don't change the power cord? If there is a real quality problem, like the insulated wire power cord is not meeting UL specs or the molded plug was not made of the proper material, I would feel much better.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The problem has to do with the way the cord clips into the main power board below the dishwasher on the right side. if the power cord doesn't clip it properly, it causes the connection to overheat due to having a bad contact. This will cause the board to burn up as well as the power cord and potentially start a fire. So really the reason for this recall is to prevent connection issues since the power cord didn't come attached from the factory and must be plugged in by the installer which added human error so it wouldn't always get clipped in correctly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?