Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator won’t dispense water. The model number is:

Customer Question
Hi there my refrigerator...

Hi there my refrigerator won’t dispense water. The model number is: RF195ADUX1 and the Serial number is: MSP601163

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Fisher and Paykel. Modrl

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If it’s easy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The ice maker hadn’t worked for ages. Maybe we can fix that as well. The water filter was changed at the beginning of November.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
It’s about 4 years old.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi. Am
I meant to be doing something?
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the icemaker dispense ice?

No. As I said in my first post it has been broken for a while. The water dispenser just stopped dispensing tonight.

DO you see where the water line comes out of the door hinge?

No. I don’t see it

You should see it coming out of the top of the door hinge

This unit is built in. There is no visible water line. There is a line going to the filter at the back of the fridge.
But that is nowhere near a hinge.

Can you hear a humming when you press the dispenser?

It’s working again. I just checked the water is running. Do you know about icemaker?
That doesn’t work.

Ok the dispenser switch may have been stuc, the icemakers were a common failure on that unit so you may just need to replace the icemaker assembly on the unit. That happens a lot.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

No the icemaker got stuck before. I called New Zealand and they explained what to do, I just don’t remember. Thanks

Can you get to the icemaker and fingers in the icemaker to move them to see if it is just frozen?

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician