Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front loading Tromm wm2075cw (came with the home which I…

Customer Question
Good evening! my...

Good evening! my front loading Tromm wm2075cw (came with the home which I bought last week), has standing water in the drum, won't drain and won't spin. I just removed the front trap and drain some seriously nasty water the previous homeowner left. However, I do not see any debris despite the OE clog error. Drain hose is not kinked...what is my next step?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

LG Tromm wm2075cw and I don't know if it has done it before since I just bought the home last week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Absolutely, since I don't know if there is a warranty and I'm a pretty mechanically inclined gal.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are exactly correct, OE means that the washer isn't draining properly. If you remove the access panel in the lower front corner, you can see a plastic drain catch behind this cover. You need to unplug the washer and get ready for all the water in the tub to come out the drain catch when you unscrew it (get lots of towels or a wet vac). Remove the drain catch and if you find debris inside, then remove it and you should be good to go again. If you don't find debris inside, then you'll need to remove the drain pump and check for a blockage inside the drain pump itself.

To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch.

Now if the drain pump has debris in it, remove it and you should be good to go again. If not, then the drain pump itself will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the drain pump for your model.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?