Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch disposer cycles to clean in about five minutes.

Customer Question
My Bosch disposer cycles...

My Bosch disposer cycles to clean in about five minutes. I've replaced the control board and the drain pump and the problem continues

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years. Model SHE4AM15uc / 01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The dishwasher cycles to "clean" because the control board detects that either the drain pump or the circulation pump is pulling too much amperage. If you start a normal cycle, the dishwasher actually drains first for 30 seconds, then it fills, then it turn the circulation pump on. If the dishwasher doesn't shut down in the first 30 seconds, the drain pump has nothing to do with the problem. If it fills and then goes to clean---you have a bad circulation pump that needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is the circulation pump also called the heat pump

Yes it is. Part number 00669135 just to make sure there is no miscommunication.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?