Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Told the control board was bad on our FAV6800AWW washer but…

Customer Question
Told the control board...

Told the control board was bad on our FAV6800AWW washer but no control boards new control boards are available so bought one on ebay and place it in the machine it still does not work, the repair company we used says they cant help and to buy a new washer - is there away to test the new board or get a new board

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Neptune FAV6800AWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think I have too

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have the trouble shooting guide as a reference

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Billy Olenick, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services once rated so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you.
First what is your unit doing or not doing?
Top load so locks and starts but does not advance
can you call now?
what do you want to do now?
You offered to call not there is no one responding - right now $55 down the drain but it will not stay that way!
Don't worry about the phone call that is an automated message
Does your display count down or what does your display do
no it just stays at 32 min - we tried to switch to quick wash and it just stayed at 23
Okay let me get you some information
after changing out the board we restared the washer an it took about 4 min to unlock per the trouble shooting guy implies that if that happens then the motor control unit is bad
Not to be mean but the response time is just unacceptable so if this is the speed of the conversation then I need to do something else
If you replaced the motor control board then if that tech was right it should be fixed
What is the part number of the board you replaced and where was it located in your machine
not the motor control board but he main control board in the top of the washer
Also 7 mins is not long so please keep some kind of patience
If he said motor control then you replaced the wrong board
no he said the control board we replace but I think we are done here - thank you for your time
Washer Motor Control Board Part #: 25001079
Substitution: WP25001079
This is the correct board and part number for your fix. Please select a star rating. Thank you
Selection of a rating is not costing you anymore money.