Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

None of my cook functions seem to work on my Whirlpool

Customer Question
None of my cook...

None of my cook functions seem to work on my Whirlpool microwave. It now displays "Ck time" when I enter time & select Start, & also has a scrolling display that says "Press Start or Cook Power." If I press Start, the scrolling display says "Open/Close door." Opening & closing the door does nothing. There is also a small square on the bottom left of the display with 3 vertical squiggly lines that I don't recall seeing before.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe we bought it within the last two years. Model WMH53520CS-6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm trying to troubleshoot to see if it's a simple fix.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you want to know what specific messages I get when I try other cook functions? E.g., starting with cook power, or cook, etc.?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

No, unfortunately after the 5 minutes I'm still getting the same behavior & messages.

Shoot, that is not what we wanted. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The main board is faulty, number 4 in the diagram at the link below. Are you able to perform some disassembly and electrical connections?

CLICK HERE

No. Does this mean we need a service call? And do we still pay the $36 even though the problem is not resolved?

If you cannot do the work, yes, you will need a service call. As for the charge tonight, if you see no value in my time and expertise, then you may request a refund.

I appreciate your help, but was willing to enroll if it would solve my problem. Thanks for your assistance. How do I request the refund?

You will have to contact customer service, I have no account access. I hope you don't have to work for free.....