Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The back left burner gets red hot when I have the oven

Customer Question
The back left burner...

The back left burner gets red hot when I have the oven at375.never was a problem until now

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Number is ***** off

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company

I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I can see the burner getting hot due to the oven vent is under the center of the left rear burner ,but I can not see if getting (Red Hot ) as id it is turned on .

Are you sure it gets red hot?

All burners get hot.os this normal?
All burners get hot. Is this normal?

when you have the oven on do you normally have something setting on the left rear burner?

With the burner NOT in use.

If so that will block the hot air from the oven vent so the heat then spreads out under the cooktop surface.