Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On a Kenmore oven modelsometimes while baking I get an err…

Customer Question
On a Kenmore oven...

On a Kenmore oven model(###) ###-####sometimes while baking I get an err code F95 witch is the door lock and I have to push stop and restart the oven, and it may do it again during the bake function, I have replaced the ERC board about 2 years ago and it worked fine until about 2 months ago then I started having the same problem, I unpluged the oven to reset the controller board and that worked for about 2 months but now it's doing it again, why doe's the door lock err code come on in the bake function, the lock doe's not engage unless it is in the self cleaning mode

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model(###) ###-####and its about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its just a sensor or the door lock actuator then yes. I installed the ERC and it was easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just don't understand what the door lock has to do with the bake setting, it will work fine then about 20 minutes the err code comes on right in the middle of baking

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

When you replaced the ERC, did you look closely at the door lock switches and wiring to see if there were any visible issues, like grease build up or wiring damage?