Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 42 year old whirlpool compacter #TU8750xxPO goes whump…

Customer Question
My 42 year old...

My 42 year old whirlpool compacter #TU8750xxPO goes whump whump whump at the top of its travel I cannot get it to cycle properly It has been apart recently to relieve a jam, but cycled properly twice before doing the whump whump what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

42 years old model TU8750xxPO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It only does this at the top of its travel when the ram is going back up?

I cannot find your response

There is a directional/limit switch at the top that will need to be replaced. The video at the link below show shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!