Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a front loader, something has found it's way between…

Customer Question
I have a front...

I have a front loader, something has found it's way between the drum and the outside don't know if it's a part or what. The washer still works, but makes a heck of a racket

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool WFW8300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SW00

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately the only way to determine what is between the tub is by removing the entire tub assembly and splitting it apart. This is quite a task and usually only done to remove something between the tubs, or replacing the bearing. I do have a video that will show you everything that is involved if you wanted to split the tub apart so below is a link to that video. In addition to that, if you find that nothing is between the tub, look at the back support on the back of the inner basket. It has 3 arms and it's called the "spider". Sometimes one of the arms breaks loose and if that happens all you can do is either re-weld the arm, or replace the entire tub assembly.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.