Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a Bosch dishwasher model #SHE55M05UC/50. After

Customer Question
I own a Bosch...

I own a Bosch dishwasher model #SHE55M05UC/50. After starting a new washing cycle, the dishwasher does not recognize where it is in the washing cycle. In other words the machine continues to wash even though the time count down is at 1 minute. After staring a new wash, by pushing another washing cycle button after the cycle is about half way finished, the wash cycle works perfectly. Not sure what to do to correct as can't keep watching the machine to push a different cycle button part way through. Usually when I do push a second washing cycle, the minutes for wash completion jumps higher reflecting the new wash cycle I guess. Thanks for your help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

SHE55M05UC/50

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I am capable of doing so, otherwise I will have to call in a professional technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I assume you saw my original problem/issue?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To reset your dishwasher just close the door and continue the cycle from where it left off. Then press and hold the POWER SCRUB PLUS button and the NORMAL WASH button together for 3 seconds and that should turn the display to 2 minutes or 0 minutes. The drain pump will kick on and just let it finish out the drain and cancel sequence. Once it stops, you can open the door, turn the power off, close the door and start a new cycle.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?