Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Amana Model #ABB1922FEW refrigerator section does not…

Customer Question
My Amana Model #ABB1922FEW...

My Amana Model #ABB1922FEW refrigerator section does not chill properly even when turned all the way up. Bottom freezer operates fine, but refrigerator not so much.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Cannot find specific date on unit, but sales invoice is dated Jan. of 2007. Model #:ABB1922FEW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably, but depends on difficulty.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. Now if only part of the evaporator is frosted and the rest is bare aluminum you have a freon issue and the unit is low on freon. See what you find.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician