Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch has an error E04 I have unplugged it to try and…

Customer Question
My Bosch has...

My Bosch has an error E04 I have unplugged it to try and reset but I can't get the door to unlock to get the items out until my husband returns from Michigan so we can clean that sump

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes it is about 6 years old maybe 7 sit is a NEXXT 300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well according to everything I read it is not real hard to clean out that sump area, plus we have to do a lot of traveling this month, so yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So E04 means that the washer is not draining properly. The door will not open until the water drains out. There is a small 4" circular access panel in the lower right hand corner of the front panel. There is a tiny hole that you need to stick a pin through to push back and release the locking tab. The access door will then turn 1/4 of a turn counter clockwise. Behind there is a 3" diameter plastic drain cap. Unscrew this cap and all the water will come out. You can clean the drain catch if something is blocking the drain behind the plastic drain cap.

Once the water is removed, you can pull down on the little metal wire on the side of the drain pump to manually release the door. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to do this.

CLICK HERE for video

Now if you continue to get an E:04 error after you have cleaned out the drain catch, the drain pump itself would need to be replaced so attached below is the service manual on how to take your washer apart to replace the pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

ok

I just send you an answer.

Let me know if you didn't get it.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?