Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag dishwasher, Model MD87749AWM1. Suddenly…

Customer Question
We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag dishwasher, Model MD87749AWM1. Suddenly after washing a load, it is not turning off but reruns the cycle. When we open the door , it stops but the panel lights remain on. When we shut the door, it resumes running again. Not sure what to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We've been here four years, and I'm thinking that it was installed perhaps in the mid 2000s, but not sure. When you say, exact model, not sure what more I can give you. The serial # is 12327446; Type # is 577-0. Does that help?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a rather easy fix, yes. But if not ... no. Would it be the wiring inside the panel where the buttons are?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. Is there anything I can try?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok

Unfortuantely the only thing that can cause your issue is the control board inside the door. Try to flip the breaker off or unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the control board inside the door would need to be replaced (this is different than the control panel with the buttons on it). Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and it's about $150.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?