Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bravos xl washer is making a grinding sound when

Customer Question
My Bravos xl washer...

My Bravos xl washer is making a grinding sound when spinning.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Bravos XL model MVWB880BWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Okay

So unfortunately the only thing that makes a grinding noise during the spin cycle on this washer is a bad bearing seal and shaft. This is quite a project to replace these parts but there is a video that you can watch to see the process if you wanted to see what you're in for. Whirlpool makes the Cabrio washer as well as this Bravos washer with the Maytag brand name on it so don't be confused by the names in the video. The parts used are the same parts since Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I don't want a phone call.

Sorry, I don't send that option--the site does automatically. I already responded with an answer however perhaps you didn't get it so here is what I wrote.

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for video

So unfortunately the only thing that makes a roaring noise during the spin cycle on this washer is a bad bearing seal and shaft. This is quite a project to replace these parts but there is a video that you can watch to see the process if you wanted to see what you're in for. Whirlpool makes the Cabrio washer as well as this Bravos washer with the Maytag brand name on it so don't be confused by the names in the video. The parts used are the same parts since Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006.

CLICK HERE for video

.Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?