Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet dryer gew9250plo and my problem is…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a whirlpool duet dryer gew9250plo and my problem is that the dryer runs but no heat. I already change the heating element , fuses , thermistor , and every fuse I could think of , check the power , and clean the venting/exhaust... any ideas what may be wrong ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

She is about 12 years old and model gew9250plo whirlpool duet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok this unit only has 5 components for the heater circuit.

The relay on the control board ,thermal cut off and high limit thermostat both on the heating element housing the heating element and the drive motor centrifugal switch .

Have you tested the voltage to the heating element with one of the two wires off the heating elements?

has a new heating element too.

ok so when you tested the voltage to the heating element with one of the two wires off the heating element did you have 120 volts A/C to chassis ground on both legs of the heating element?

120 to the chassis
looks like the problem may be on the control board ...

ok So you have 120 on both legs to the heating element with one wire off the heating element?

the front panel had some lights on while the machine was off ,

So you have 120 on both legs to the heating element with one wire off the heating element?

And when you say (while the unit was off) do you mean it was powered off and it had lights on or that the unit had just stopped running?

plugged in but not drying
should I say not running , but plugged in

ok if it was not running you may have still had lights on the control panel .

My main question I need to to answer is (with one of the two wires off the heating element and the unit running , do you you have 120 on both legs to the heating element with one wire off the heating element?

I didn't check with the machine on

ok you have to have the unit running in order to get full voltage to the heating element!

ok

so lets test voltage to the heating element with one of the two wires pilled off the heating element with the unit running and test each wire to chassis ground and let me know if both have voltage or if only one has voltage and which one it was in that case.