Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine. It just sits there…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine. It just sits there with the sensing light flashing after hitting start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 yrs? Model MVWX655DWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything. It does have an unfinished load in it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok so you have powered he unit up selected a cycle and options and then pressed Start and it just sits there with the sensing light flashing does it lock the lid ?