Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Electrolux Mod plhs269zcb4 frig. that has an unusal…

Customer Question
I have a Electrolux...

I have a Electrolux Mod plhs269zcb4 frig. that has an unusal problem. Early each morning the frig. makes a sound like the evaporator motor in the freezer is trying to start. I have opened the freezer to here the motor is trying to start then it stops, then trys to start again, then stops. This goes on for about 5 minutes then it starts and continues to run. I think it could be a control board related problem. what do you think

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 20 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, because Ive replaced many parts myself and feed fairly confortable with completing repairs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit is in excellent shape and my wife really likes this frig. This problem has not affected the operation of the frig. it just is very suspecicous of problems ahead and if is a control board then it is a simple fix for me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

They had issues with that fan motor, so I would not be surprised if the fan motor is bad. The control is not causing this issue since the fan is a 120 volt fan. I replace them all the time for that issue. Here is a link to the part and video.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!