Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is not cooling or freezing. Samsung Model…

Customer Question
My refrigerator is not...

My refrigerator is not cooling or freezing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung Model RF4287HABP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It just quit. Was working perfectly until when i just came and everything is thawing in the freezer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is on the display?

Just the control lights are showing on the screen

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post.

ok

Thanks

Iam assuming the condenser is the small tank at the back. it is hot to touch and vibrating. The fan at the back is also running

OK then you have a sealed system issue. There is an issue with the freon not being pumped properly in the unit. This is something you will need a tech to check out as you need special equipment and tools to do the repair. This is something that will not solve itself and I would unplug it for now and get a tech out to check the sealed system out.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!