Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE monogram refrigerator isn't cooling. The interior temp…

Customer Question
My GE monogram refrigerator...

My GE monogram refrigerator isn't cooling. The interior temp on the fridge is set at 35 but it is 49 and warming up. Wondering if there is a reset button or something?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ZISS480DHBSS and I got it about a month ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something simple. Service people are about an hour away and don't have time to look at it until late in the week.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The freezer has warmed up also from 0 to 9 degrees. It happened over Thanksgiving weekend.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There is no reset button is the compressor and fan by the compressor running?

I've also turned the power off and then back on with no results

OK is the fan running in the freezer?

it is.

OK the unit is likely running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Thanks. It's only a month old so if it's that complicated I'll call them for warranty work.

OK no problem yes this is a bigger issue for sure!....All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!