Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older Whirlpool dryer that has never given me any…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Whirlpool dryer that has never given me any trouble. The model # is WED8300SWO.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The interior light does not come on when the door is opened. When you turn the dial to select the time and the drying cycle, the instrument panel does light up. However when you press start,the lights goes out and the dryer does not start.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, I unplugged the dryer and check the fuse box. I turned the fuse for the dryer to off and then flipped it back to on. Then I plugged the dryer up again. It does not start.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Again, I have never had any trouble with the dryer (or the washer). I would like to be able to dry this load of clothes.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I would say you may have a door switch issue or a power issue at the terminal block can you check the power to the terminal block where the cord connects to make sure nothing is burned up and you have 240 volts to it.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician