Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool gold fridge temperature control panel won’t set…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool gold fridge...

My Whirlpool gold fridge temperature control panel won’t set below 70

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it used so I think it’s about 5 years old. Here is the model # GC5SHEXNS05

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefulky :)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The lights come on and it’s not making any noises but I also don’t hear any fans or motors trying to start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I just unplugged it and back in. The fridge makes a long beep, I hear a fan attempting to start. Then a short beep followed by the long beep again and the fan come on then going right back off. The lights inside the appliance goes off after the long beep. Then lights comes back on. And then the cycle repeats
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The main control will need to be replaced. It has been redesigned and comes in a kit now. It is located in the back, down by the compressor. It is tucked into the left side cabinet. The new kit comes with complete installation instructions.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!