Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Dryer, Model #GTMX180EDWW Serial #V0766924C It…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Dryer, Model #GTMX180EDWW Serial #V0766924C It was working when last used. Today the temp. control switch wouldn't stay on the setting for cotton, the one always used, and the dryer wouldn't start. Do you know what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 4 years old and it has commercial written on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband has a friend who is an electrician and he will probably do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just need to know if there is a part that I should order

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
The light is on in the dryer when the door is open. My husband checked the main fuse panel and all is OK there. I tried using other temperature settings but the dryer will not work.
Are you still working on my problem?
Just reading the booklet that came with the dryer - it's the cycle selector switch that will not stay on the cotton setting. It keeps flipping back to the off position. It won't work on any other setting although it will stay where it is set.
On the far left side there is a signal switch, which I had turned off. Also a temperature switch that I had set to cotton. The cycle selector switch is on the right hand side and the start button is next to it.
Just to clarify, these are not actually switches, but dials.
Do you think the cycle selector could be the problem?????? Are you still there?????
Hellooooooooooo anybody there?????
Sorry, I can't wait any longer - send me an email.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Do you have the information I submitted earlier?
I've already paid for this and didn't get an answer

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

I've tried everything - the cycle selector dial will not stay on the cotton setting, it keeps flipping back to the off position. I've tried other settings and although it will stay on the other setting, the dryer still will not work.