Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer has been running just fine all morning, then i…

Customer Question
My washer has been...

My washer has been running just fine all morning, then i started a load and went to swap it to the dryer and it hadn't run. It is full of water but doesn't look like it's moved since it filled up. The knob is still sitting on the Heavy/Normal setting

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a MayTag Atlantis. I just got it a week ago from a previous owner who has only had it about a year I think?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already checked the fuses and they are fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just under the lid or on the back of the control panel on the far left side?

MODEL #= MAV8551AWW

OK perfect. The only thing that will stop the timer from advancing after filling is the lid switch assembly. There is no fuse on this model but this switch assembly has multiple contacts and if one of them fails, the timer will not advance and it won't agitate or spin. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace located under the control panel directly in the center.

CLICK HERE for lid switch assembly

And below is a video on how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I got the part, installed it and it's still not working . It fills and then just stops. Never agitates and never rinses and drains.

I'm not sure what to say other than maybe a bad timer if you're sure you don't hear a motor humming or anything like that.