Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lice ice maker.not making ice red light flashing.

Customer Question
Lice ice maker.not making...

Lice ice maker.not making ice red light flashing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Ed2haxmb10

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

2005

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?