Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to lock my Whilpool refrigerator/freezer doors

Customer Question
I need to lock...

I need to lock my Whilpool refrigerator/freezer doors against an adult child. what would you suggest.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ET10NK

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Sorry about the delay, I was looking for something very specific and here is what I found.

CLICK HERE for door latch

If you wanted to lock your door, you'll need to attach a lock hinge hasp on the side wall of your refrigerator, then attach the striker on the front of the door so that you can flip the hinged part over top of the striker and put a pad lock on. Now I've done this before and the main points you need to not are that you can not put any screws into the front edge of the refrigerator frame. There is a yoder loop that runs inside and you can pierce the freon line if you get too close. Make sure you're at least 1 1/2 inches back when you drill a screw into the side of the refrigerator wall. That means that with this door latch in the link below, you'll need to drill 2 more holes a bit further back to mount since the front 2 holes will be too close to the front of the refrigerator.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc