Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My KitchenAid mixer is leaking oil. Does something need to…

My KitchenAid mixer is...

My KitchenAid mixer is leaking oil. Does something need to be replaced or do I need a repair person to look at it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 20 years old. Not sure of the model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The leak drips down on the beaters.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Kitchenaid mixer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Ok

This is a common problem with these units. The gear-case grease tends to liquefy over time and lose its viscosity. The gear case grease needs to be replaced. It is not that difficult to do. If you want to try and do it yourself, here is a video that may help you. I'm sure you'd like to have your mixer up and running for the holidays!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eKHVvNX5eY

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Thanks

You're welcome!

Engineer-Tech