Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bleach dispenser isn't clogged or not working for Maytag…

Customer Question
Bleach dispenser isn't clogged...

Bleach dispenser isn't clogged or not working for Maytag Neptune TL model FAC6800AWW. Are there simple things I can do to unclog or check it? Nancy

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Is clogged

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I estimate at least 3-4 years old. Model is FAV68800AWW. Yes I would like to do it myself or have an estimate on what it would cost.

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Is there anything I can do in case it's clogged. It is in a rental condo I own. I remember having to clean the dispensers out a few weeks ago before I rented the unit. The surface of the dispenser was clogged with gummy and a bit hardened cleaning product.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you recommend a technician for an estimate and repair in the 91602 zip code?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, check to see if the bleach compartment is clogged. To do this, take the bleach compartment apart and clean it out and remove all the water in the compartment. Then re-assemble and fill the bleach compartment up quickly until it starts to overflow using a cup of water. Then watch the water and does it drain out slowly from the compartment?

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

John, Home Appliance Technician