Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch washing machine was not going through the spin

Customer Question
My Bosch washing machine...

My Bosch washing machine was not going through the spin cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012 stacking unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I may have to! The repair person cannot seem to fix it. Replaced brushes for the spin cycle. Machine would not start, flashing lights on the front panel, then he replaced door lock, still not working, and then the pump, and still not working. He's stumped and told me to buy a new machine. It's only 5 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's all of it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Also are the ligths still flashing and can you reset them?

WAS2016OUC
Lights cannot be reset
WAS2016UOC
Lights cannot be reset - or the technician didn't know how to do it or if that was needed after making a repair. Is it?

Ok lets try and reset the flashing lights and see how it goes from there.

Turn the knob to the off position.

Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.

Press and hold the spin button reduce button which is the button under the spin lights.

While holding it, turn to the 7 o'clock position.

Release the spin reduce button after a few seconds.

Turn the knob to the off position.

This should reset the control board so try it and see how it goes from there.

Now the above doesnt always work first time so can take a few trys to do this. But let me know how it goes from there.

Hi

I see the question is open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks