Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a new GE dishwasher in June of this year. The…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new GE dishwasher in June of this year. The first time I used it, it worked just fine. The second time I used it, and it went through all the cycles, when I took the dishes out they were wet like a hose had been turned on. I had a tech come out to check on it and he told me that machines that are manufactured with saving energy tend to have a trying problem. He told me that if I turned on the hot water facet and let it run until the water came out hot then I should start my dishwasher. It does not make any sense to me, what does that have to do with the heating element?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwasher is 5 months old, is was purchased on June 5, 2017 from Home Depot. The model # is:GSD210050WW, serial #HH789251B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I am an 81 year old woman

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to know who can fix the heating problem on my dishwasher. If I had known that there was going to be a problem with a GE product I would not have purchased it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

First off are you using a heated dry option

And when you run the hot water before you turn the dishwasher on it then fills with hot water each time if fills during the cycle so when it does go into a drying mode the dishes are hot and that will assist in drying .