Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE refrigerator that is 13 years old has water leak

Customer Question
My GE refrigerator that...

My GE refrigerator that is 13 years old has water leak inside on the back wall of the refrigerator. There is a box there with a tube running towards the front of the refrigerator. Occasionally there is a loud noise that sounds like it is coming from the ice maker.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years old. Model # PT122MFMARBB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The defrost drain line is plugged. You will need to pull the refrigerator out to clear that line. See the diagram at the link below. Number 270 is the drain line assembly that will come off to allow for cleaning. It usually plugs right at the elbow, so be sure to remove it and use hot water to clean (soak it if you have to). Once cleared, you should have no more water leaks.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!