Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our GE Profile dishwasher is suddenly not draining inside.

Customer Question
Hello! Our GE Profile...

Hello! Our GE Profile dishwasher is suddenly not draining inside. What do you suggest we try? Thank you!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 2 years old. I'll have to check the model number!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how involved it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. Could you tell me where I might find the serial number?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I am trying to find the model number. I think it’s on this panel. Yes, I found it. I’ll type it now.

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Ok!

When the unit should be draining do you hear the drain pump running at all?

To be honest, I really don’t know. Is there a way I could test it now and find out?

yes to run a cancel mode just press the start button and hold it for three seconds and the drain pump should come on and run for 2 minutes.

Ok

then let me know what the unit does.

I canceled the cycle, but I’m not hearing anything.

ok so if your not hearing any noise as in the drain pump running I would suspect that the drain pump has failed .

the pump will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Ok. What do I do about this?
Is the part difficult to install? Am I going to have to install this myself?

to install the drsain pump the dishwasher will need to be removed out from under the countertop and laid on it`s back is this something you feel you could do ?

Probably not.
I started the washer again and canceled again. I can hear some rumbling in there. Would that be the pump?
This is a very quiet dishwasher, so I have to put my ear to it.
I can still hear it quietly rumbling in there.

not sure if that is it or not let it run for several minutes or until it shuts off after the 2 minutes and tell me if it has drained the dishwasher or not!

OK. I’ll message you back in about two minutes.
It has not drained, but it looks like the water has moved around a little bit.
Is it possible that there is a clog?

if the water has moved it was when you started it up and the washer circulating pump cam on and moved the water around inside.

If you had a clogged drain line you would still hear the drain pump running during a cancel mode.

Well, I heard something in there rumbling after I canceled the cycle.

ok so then let`s assume it is a drain line ,they are easy to blow thru to see if their restricted or not .

Ok. Please tell me what to do.

you will need to get under the dishwasher remove the drain hose from the drain pump and blow into the end of the drain hose to see if it is restricted or not. if it is then you can replace the drain hose.

OK, I’m in no position to do that. I’m probably just going to have to call the plumber. Thank you for your time.

do not call a plumber , call an appliance service company .if you call a plumber the will not know how to work on the dishwasher. .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Ok! Thank you so much!! ��

Glad to assist you anytime.