Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a PFSS6PKXASS fridge that has started making a noise…

Customer Question
We have a PFSS6PKXASS...

We have a PFSS6PKXASS fridge that has started making a noise in the icemaker and now is locking itself out. Any thoughts on the issue?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

PFSS6PKXASS maybe five-6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have in the past, but don't know what the issue is and how complex it could be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
The knocking noise is coming from behind the icemaker tray, toward the back of the unit.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Look at the icemaker - is there ice built up in the funnel that delivers ice to the icemaker ? And there are fingers in the icemaker - are they laying flat or pointing up ?