Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was trying to figure out the cost before I started but her…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to figure out the cost before I started but her goes; I have a kenmore side by side refrigerator W10515058. 5 days ago the light began to blink and now 2 refrigerator led light panels are dim and the freezer panel is also dim. The freezer light panel only has three lights 2 + 1 so I thing there may be at least one light out. The refrigerator panels each have 4 dim lights.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MOdel # W10515058 2-3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that is it. Following web advice I did remove and reinstall the upper refrigerator light panel.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Open the fresh food section door the model /serial tag is on the interior wall near the top.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I have a meter and can probably figure out how to use it or get some help. I don't use it frequently.

ok have you tested the voltage at the outlet the refrigerator is plugged into yet?

with the panel and the lights being dim I suspect you have a voltage issue to the unit.

No calls

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

The lights are the only thing that's dim. The lights in the freezer seem to have one led out. Could that cause the lights in the refrigerator to react?
The front panel water, lights, ice is fully functional

ok the Fresh food and freezer lights are all tied together .

If you open the fresh food section door the freezer light also goes on and vise versa. if you test the voltage to the one upper fresh food section lights that is the LED light control also .

Test the voltage on the Yellow to the white looking for 120 volts A/C

Before I try to test the voltage please answer this. If the led lights in the freezer in broken or faulty, which I suspect it is, can that cause the lights in the refrigerator to be dim? I just disconnected the light panel in the freezer and noticed that the fresh food light do not operate if it is disconnected.

no if you disconnect one non will work they work in series with each other.

If just one of the freezer LED have failed it should not make the others dim as far as I know .

But these LED lights are know so I have not had many issue with just one going out on the light panel

But if the lights are dim and the voltage is good lets replace the one that has a bad light first to see if it fixes the dim issue.