Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed the control board and now the lights on the touch…

Customer Question
I changed the control...

I changed the control board and now the lights on the touch pad are blinking. PE0 000 how do I get to the programing mode Maytag MFI2269VEM6

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

March 2011 Model MEI2269VEM6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I changed the control board today

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I program the new board

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

this PE0 000 means that the board hasn't been programmed which is sounds like you already know. To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled (Up/Down arrows). LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Half a second later Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Keep holding the 2 keypads for 2 seconds then release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad. Now release the LL keypad.

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode no OOOO after it). If it doesn't show just PE then you have to re-try steps 1-4 again.

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- Find the program code (4 digit code number is ***** on the model sticker near the ceiling inside the refrigerator). Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. Now just open the doors for 15 seconds and then close them and the display should be back to normal. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happens try again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.