Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My stove has a f5so code for the self cleaning oven.

Customer Question
My stove has a...

My stove has a f5so code for the self cleaning oven

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool. Rf375pxew. Rf4231967. 15 yr.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it is one of two swiches

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error you're getting means that the door latch assembly isn't working properly. There are 2 micro switches on the side of the latch assembly which you can test with a multimeter to see if either switch has failed and isn't working properly when you push the switch button, but other than that, the latch assembly is no longer made. The part number is(###) ###-####so you can try to look for a new latch, but otherwise if you can't locate a new latch there wouldn't be a way to fix the oven. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?