Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wow! That's what you call "service"! In 2003, we bought an…

Customer Question
Wow! That's what you...

Wow! That's what you call "service"!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

In 2003, we bought an oversized capacity plus washer MAV-15 model MAV7600AWW Maytag. The product # on my bill is 00075069-02L

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it new on 1/11/03 in Gatineau Qc & the model is MAV7600

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The problem with it since last Friday is that when I start it , nothing happens even if I made sure the electricity was on; no water gets into the washer. I pushed the dial on the "spin section" and it starts rolling very fast as usual...that's the description of the problem...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would like to know what you think is the problem and what is the best to do about it (I would prefer not to buy a new one, maybe it's just a little something wrong...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the washer spins on the spin cycle but it won't fill and agitate, change the water temperature setting and will it still refuse to fill on any setting? Are you sure the water is turned on to the washer?