Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool refrigerator suddenly doesn't make any cold and…

Customer Question
My whirlpool refrigerator suddenly...

My whirlpool refrigerator suddenly doesn't make any cold and inside temperature is warmer than rooms. But the engine is working.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought 15 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whats it mean? I cant work on it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How can i find hohn to help?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK the unit is likely running low on freon or out of freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

I request full refund.

Ok?? was there an issue?