Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My wife held the clear button down too long and locked the…

Customer Question
My wife held the...

My wife held the clear button down too long and locked the panel. How do I unlock it?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Model J KP9OS P4SS GE MICROWAVE and no it hasn't

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it is placed above an oven. It comes out separately once the trim is removed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

All you need to do to turn the control lock on or off is press and hold the "Clear/Off" button for 5 seconds and that should remove the control lock if it's already engaged. If not, then flip the breaker off for 60 seconds and see if it'll reset. If not then the display control board for the microwave would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?