Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer on my GE side by Side Frost free is not getting…

Customer Question
The freezer on my...

The freezer on my GE side by Side Frost free is not getting cold enough. TFG20JA

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

That's the model number . It's 20 years old give or take.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work? I need to know which way to turn the adjuster - towards 1 or towards 9.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Had a new motor a few years ago - maybe five.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

I’ve just been conned I was asked for $5 and now I’m going to be charged $39. Without being informed of this.
John, Home Appliance Technician