Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux front load washer that will not start.

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux...

I have an Electrolux front load washer that will not start. The panel is lit, and it lets me select the cycle, but the door is locked and the light is not on inside the tub.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years. Can't open the door to check the model. Looking for the manual now.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At this point, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't find the model in the manual and like I said, I can't open the door to find it on the unit. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Well, the door just unlocked and the light inside came on. There is a lot of water from where a cycle had started a while ago and then stopped. Should I try and start it back up again?
Model is EIFLS60JIW0
Serial is 4C22202620
Thanks.
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I figured it out. It is an electrical issue. Yesterday, I put up a lot of Christmas lights and this was the first time I had used the washer since the light were all turned on. When I unplugged the lights, the washer began working normally. I will have an electrician come out this week. Thanks anyway. Have a good day.

I ​totally understand that. Sometimes that's all it turns out to be. Hopefully getting a bigger breaker installed will fix the issue. Enjoy the rest of your day.

John, Home Appliance Technician